A Wrap Data Feed has created duplicate asset accounts after importing data - How can I fix this?
Duplicate Accounts are created by Wrap Data Feeds as a result of the Account Mapping not having been completed, or due to the incorrect security and portfolio codes being entered.
As a result, the system will automatically create new accounts to allocate the correct security and portfolio codes to, as well as the data.
1. From the main toolbar, navigate to the Feed Management screen by clicking on ‘Connect’.
Within the Feed Management screen, under Wraps & Platforms, locate the relevant Wrap Data Feed and click on the Feed Setup icon to enter the Feed Setup page.
2. Click on ‘Holding Accounts Report’ within the Feed Setup page to generate an Excel report which displays the correct Security Code and Portfolio Codes for the mapping of each asset account .
3. Using the Holding Accounts Report as a guide, input the correct Security Codes and Portfolio Codes to re-map the correct accounts to the feed. You will also need to tick the checkbox under the ‘Linked’ column. Once re-mapped, please ensure to save these changes before exiting the page.
4. Once the correct asset accounts have been rmapped to the feed, you will need to remove any transactions that fed through to the duplicate accounts and then re-import them so they are allocated to the correct accounts.
To more efficiently remove data that was imported by the wrap feed, you can navigate to the Transaction List screen and apply the additional filter ‘Data Source’. As shown in the image below, all transactions have been filtered for transactions that were imported by Macquarie wrap feeds within the entity.
Additional Filters can also be applied to filter by specific Chart Accounts as well.
5. Once the transactions have been deleted, navigate to the Feed Management Screen to re-request the transactions from the wrap feed.
6. Once all of the transactions have imported correctly, you can then remove any duplicate accounts previously created by the system within the Chart of Accounts.