|Feed Type||Cash Movements (Bank Transaction)||Investment Movements (Buy & Sells)||Income Movements (Dividends & Distributions)||Historical Data|
A BGL Import XML upload is available in Simple Fund 360. This XML will provide you investment, cash and income transactions and can be uploaded via the Wraps screen.
- Enter and confirm Transactions in MS Excel
- Export Transactions
- Import into Simple Fund 360
BGL XML Import Template
To download the XML Import template, click here: BGL XML Import Template.xls
You may need to to unblock the file before using the macro. To do this, you will need to right-click on the file > Properties > General > tick ‘Unblock’ > Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ (see instructions below).
Editing the Template
Depending on your security settings, you may be asked to both:
When opening the Excel Template file. You will need to answer affirmative for both these prompts.
1. If creating XML files for multiple entities, it is recommended that you copy the spreadsheet so a copy can be made for each entity.
2. Clear the example data by clicking Clear ALL Transaction Data.
Clicking Clear ALL Transaction Data will remove all data entered into the tab, including anything entered manually. This cannot be undone.
3. Hover your mouse over a red triangle in a tab in the top right corner to learn more about the column requirements.
4. Enter one transaction per line. Users can select the Security Type for a unitised investment by clicking on the tab and selecting it from the drop-down.
The XML file will constantly validate the information entered to ensure that each appropriate field has been completed correctly based on the Transaction type selected.
5. Foreign currency conversion is supported using The BGL XML importer (Bank Transaction type only).
Prior to uploading the file, in the currency column, select a currency for Simple Fund 360 to automatically convert the amount on the transaction date using the Foreign Currency screen information (end of day rate). If no currency is selected, AUD is the default currency. Refer to Foreign Currency for supported currencies. In the amount column record the foreign currency amount.
6. Click Create Transaction File.
7. You will be asked to confirm the ranges of the cells used to generate the XML file (this will be pre-filled) and where you would like to save the generated XML file.
8. Upload XML File.
Investment purchase parcel history when inputting opening balances can be recorded under the Investment_OpeningBalance tab. The Notional Gains column can be used for 30/06/2017 balances where Transitional CGT Relief was applied in an external software.
1. Clear the example data by selecting Clear ALL Transaction Data.
Note: Clicking Clear ALL Transaction Data will remove all data entered into the tab, including anything entered manually. Ensure only example data has been removed.
2. Input the following information for each parcel.
3. Select Create Transaction File
To import an XML file, you will need to first set up a file import data feed within Simple Fund 360, please navigate to the Feed Management screen and follow the below instructions.
Within the Feed Management screen, click the "+ setup" button to create a new feed.
Entity Name - Ensure that the correct entity has been selected.
Feed Provider - Select ‘BGL File Import’.
Account ID - Keep account ID as ‘BGL’.
Bank Account - Select a Bank/Cash Account to link to this feed.
The XML file can import data for more than one bank account, however, if no bank details are listed for Bank Movements within the BGL XML File Import Template, these bank movements will be loaded to this default bank account selected in the feed set up.
Do Not Import Data Before - Users can restrict the data that is imported by the feed by inputting a date. Clicking on the three dots will allow you to also enter a Do Not Import Data After date. If data has already been manually entered, this step will be necessary to prevent any duplication with manual work.
Account Mapping - Users are required to link asset accounts to the feed to ensure that data is allocated to the desired asset accounts. If this step is not completed, the system will create new accounts to allocate the data to. If this results in duplicate asset accounts, please refer to our help article Wrap Feed has created duplicate accounts?
Save - Click this button to ensure that any changes made are saved.
Once saved, you will be able to import the XML file (see 'Import XML File' tab).
Transactions will not be imported for period where Create Entries have been processed.
You will be taken to the File Import page where you can drag and drop the XML file into the upload box, or click on the upload box to browse your computer for the XML file.
*Please note there is a size limit of 15MB,
**For larger files, the process may take up to 10 minutes. Users can check the uploading progress by checking the Transaction List, or Advanced Options & Reports > File History > a CSV report will be generated as data gets imported.
1. Click on additional filters2. Set the following transaction criteria: Data Source equals BGL XML File. Then click Apply
3. Select the topmost check box in the Transaction List and select Select All from the drop-down menu that appears. This will select all the transactions from the XML File Upload.
4. Click on Delete, and then confirm OK
Does the BGL Excel XML Template support Cryptocurrency trades?
Yes, Cryptocurrency trades can be recorded within the Excel XML Template.
For these trades, make sure Cryptocurrency is selected as the Security Type. Upon import, these transactions will then be posted to the relevant cryptocurrency accounts in Simple Fund 360.
Does the BGL Excel XML Template support International Share Trading?
Yes, the BGL Excel XML Template supports all Security Types, including shares in companies listed on foreign stock exchanges.
How will transactions be allocated upon import?