The 'Detailed Investment Strategy Comparison Report' expands on the Investment Strategy Comparison Report, by presenting a detailed breakdown with an asset allocation of individual investments into each asset category.
It provides the following benefits:
- It allows users to understand how each of their investments is allocated to different asset categories in terms of value amount and percentage.
- It assists users with a smoother investment reconciliation process.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Reports.||
How to prepare
To download an individual report in PDF, Word or Excel format:
1. On the left-hand side of the Reports screen, search for the Investment Strategy Comparison - Detailed Report.
2. Select the green arrow to add the report to the Report Pack List.
3. Once the Investment Strategy Comparison - Detailed report has been selected, select Setting.
|Select Account(s)||Select certain accounts that is to be detailed in the report.|
|Display Footnote||Choose to display a footnote in the report.|
|Display Graph||Choose to display a graph in your report, which breakdowns the asset allocations.|
|Display Custom Tag Breakdown||Choose to display a breakdown of all investments that are attached against a custom tag.|
|Display Custom Notes||Enter a custom note to be added to the Report|
4. Select either Download PDF, Download Word or Download Excel.
You can also add this report to a Report Pack. See Reports for instructions.
How Asset Category is applied
There are two methods where users can manually update the asset category for an investment.
1. Navigate to Accounting from the Main Toolbar and select Chart of Accounts.
2. Select the sub-account of the investment by checking the box, then from the drop-down list under Tag as, select one of the asset categories. (e.g. Direct Property)
3. Select to finalise.
Note: Custom Tags can also be attached to the investment. For more information on how to create a custom tag, click here.
1. Navigate to Investments from the Main toolbar and select Investment Security List.
2. Search for the security from the search bar to locate the security and select Edit.
3. Under Asset Allocation tab, select Add Allocation,
4. On the prompted page, key in a specific percentage for different asset categories (Note: the total needs to add up to 100%). Select Save to finalise and this asset allocation will be reflected in the Detailed Investment Strategy Comparison Report.
Method 1 - System and/or Custom Tag from Chart of Accounts will take priority over Method 2 - Asset Allocation. As a result, the chart of account tag will overwrite the asset allocation percentage where inconsistent.
How are Custom Tags Displayed in the Report?
Where system tags and asset allocations do not apply, users can choose to create a custom tag. For more information on how to do so, click here.
When a custom tag has been attached to an investment, the investment will be displayed under the 'Other' column of the Investment Strategy Comparison Report.
However, a detailed breakdown will be included in the footnote, when users toggle 'Display Custom Tag Breakdown' in the settings of the report.