When company type contacts attached to a fund are migrated, will they always appear as companies in the Simple Fund 360 Contacts database?
A contact will migrate as a company type to Simple Fund 360 if it has an ACN input in the ACN field in the contact in Simple Fund Desktop. If an ACN has not been input it will appear as an Other Entity contact type.
Note: This also includes corporate trustees as they have an ACN input in their contact details in Simple Fund Desktop.
What do I do if a contact has migrated as an Other Entity type that should be a Company type?
You will need to delete the Other Entity contact type and add it as a Company type.
To complete this:
- Navigate to the Contacts screen.
- Locate the Other Entity type contact and click into the name of the contact to edit it.
- Review the Entity Relationships field. If any relationships appear these will need to be deleted before the contact can be removed. Take note of these relationships as you will need to re-add these when creating the Company Type contact.
- Select Save to confirm the removal of the Entity Relationships.
- Now the Other Entity contact can be deleted from the Contacts screen. Select the checkbox to the left of the contact and select Delete.
- Select OK to confirm the deletion.
- Now add the contact as a Company type. Refer to Add a Company.