A file import function is available for XPlan users to import cash, investment (Buys and Sells), and income (Dividends and Distributions) in bulk into Simple Fund 360.
There are two prerequsites for exporting the XML file for Simple Fund 360.
Set the BGL Identifier;
Datafeed Import is allowed under your User Capability.
Setting the BGL Identifier - Each Client
If you are a previous Simple Fund Desktop user who has already set up identifiers for clients, then skip this step.
In XPlan, while accessing a client:
1. On the navigation menu, select Portfolios, then select Admin > External Accounts.
2. Select Add External Client.
3. Select BGL Entity from the Vendor List.
4. Enter a BGL unique identifier for this portfolio in the Vendor’s Client ID box.
5. Select Add. This will map the entire portfolio and its sub-funds in XPlan to a BGL Super Fund.
1. Access the datafeeds manager by selecting Home > Portfolio Functions > User Datafeeds.
2. In the navigation menu, select Export to BGL > Export Data. The BGL Exporter will be displayed.
3. Under Export Options, set the Date Range to export, and the Type of Date to use (Trade Date, Settlement Date or Tax Date).The checkbox Handle SMSF/Trust member linking is left unticked. Member transactions are not supported in the XPlan feed.
4. Select Include XPlan gain/loss in order to pass the XPLAN calculated capital gain or loss on sales/disposals.
5. In the Export Entities table, select the client portfolios to export.
6. Select Export.
XPlan processes the export as a background process. When completed, the exported information is given to the user in an XPlan message. The exported information is in an XML file which is sent to the user in a ZIP archive file. The XML file must be extracted from the ZIP file to be uploaded onto Simple Fund 360.
To set up a BT Panorama data feed within Simple Fund 360, please navigate to the Feed Management screen and follow the below instructions.
Within the Feed Management screen, click "+ setup".
Entity Name - Ensure that the correct entity has been selected.
Feed Provider - Select ‘Xplan’.
Account ID - Input the Account Number for the wrap account. This will be the BGL Identifier created in XPlan. This can also be found by opening the Xplan XML file in Notepad.
Bank Account - Select a Bank/Cash Account to link to this feed.
Do Not Import Data Before - Users can restrict the data that is imported by the feed by inputting a date. Clicking on the three dots will allow you to also enter a Do Not Import Data After date. If data has already been manually entered, this step will be necessary to prevent any duplication with manual work.
Link Holding Accounts to Feed - Switch the toggle to ‘ON’.
Account Mapping - Users are required to link asset accounts to the feed to ensure that data is allocated to the desired asset accounts. If this step is not completed, the system will create new accounts to allocate the data to. If this results in duplicate asset accounts, please refer to our help article Wrap Feed has created duplicate accounts?
The security code for cash accounts is the Account Code within the Xplan XML file. If you require help locating this, please contact BGL Support.
Save - Click this button to ensure that any changes made are saved.
1. The manual file generated from XPlan can be uploaded to Simple Fund 360.
2. Within the Wrap and Platforms Global tab, locate the XPlan feed that was set up and click the Import Manual File button.
3. From the left hand side of the screen, ensure XPlan XML Import is selected.
4. Click on the grey File Location box and brose for the file on your computer. Alternatively, the file can be dragged and dropped into the grey box.
5. Select Import
Bulk Fund Import is currently not supported. A file will need to be uploaded for each fund.
Yes, historical transactions and balances can also be retrieved from XPlan.
The system can automatically match the following types of transactions provided that the debits and credits reconcile between the transactions and that the transactions are recorded within a similar date range.
Investment movements (Buys and Sells) and the corresponding Bank movement(s).
Income movements (Dividends and Distributions) and the corresponding Bank movement(s).
Any transactions which have not been automatically matched or coded by the system will need to be actioned manually.
If the Account Mapping process had not been completed when setting up the data feed within Simple Fund 360, then the system will create new accounts to allocate the data to.
If this results in duplicate asset accounts being created, please refer to our help article Wrap Feed has created duplicate accounts?