1. Tax Time 2023: The time has come once again! BGL has been working hard to prepare Simple Fund 360 for this tax season with the following updates:
- Support for 2023 SMSF Annual Return and Schedules.
- 2024 Chart of Account tax labels added.
- Support for newly registered funds and funds winding up for the 2023 Annual Return.
- 2023 SMSF Annual Return can now be exported to Xero Tax and Lodge iT for lodgement.
- Updates to Fund Transfer to the new Financial Year.
- Updates to the TBAR Management Screen, Lodgement Screen and PAYG Screen to the new Financial Year.
2. Create Entries: The Create Entries process in Simple Fund 360 will automatically move member balances to Unrestricted Non-Preserved in the year the member turns 65.
3. Inter-Entity Distribution Journals: As part of the year-end period compliance in Simple Invest 360, the distribution paid can now be posted directly into the ledger of the beneficiary entity. This means that when a distribution is made, instead of recording it separately between entities, the distribution can be recorded directly in the beneficiary entity's ledger via the Inter-Entity Journal Tool.
4. Property Dashboard: We have not one, but two new integrations to the Property Dashboard!!!
- New integration with Compare n Save. The BGL and Compare n Save collaboration has been established to deliver you leading home loan comparison and broking services.
- New integration with PropertyPricer. PropertyPricer is an independent, privately owned Australian company specialising in providing professionals with residential property valuations.
5. SuperStream: The new Super Standard Choice Form (2023) is now available for SMSFs.
6. Bulk Entity Setup: This new screen allows you to create multiple SMSF, Trust and Company entities simultaneously by uploading an Excel spreadsheet.
7. Smart Docs CGT: BGL now supports importing the Wrap Tax Statement – Unrealised Gains/Losses pdf Report from Netwealth. It will significantly reduce the time and effort needed to manually input opening balances for Netwealth portfolios, saving you valuable time.
8. Documents Screen: You can now rename files on the Documents screen! You no longer need to delete documents and re-upload to rename them.
9. Digital Signing: You can now resend the original digital signature email to unsigned recipients, providing greater flexibility and convenience for signing documents. This feature saves time and improves the signing experience, particularly when the original email was accidentally deleted or not yet read.
Unless specified, the following apply to SMSFs, Trusts, Companies, and Individuals within Simple Fund 360 and Simple Invest 360.
1. Consolidated Reporting: The Taxable Income or Loss figure for trusts will not be included.
2. Corporate Actions: 2 new corporate actions added!
3. Contract Notes Log: Developed a colour-coded system to enhance email management by aiding users in quickly identifying important messages.
4. Quick Entity Selector: Improvement made to ensure consistency in font size across all screens
5. Lodging Party: Now offers the capability to sort and filter the Lodging Party Report according to the lodging party.
6. Tax Return: Users can now update the Trust/Company details from the Tax Return screen.
7. Rental Property Statement: The Rental Property Statement report can now be prepared as a combined statement for multiple rental properties.
8. Notes to the Financial Statements (Simple Fund 360): Note 1 of the Notes to Financial Statements has been updated in line with XYZ Financial Statements.
9. Fund Transfers: Updated for 2023 tax time. Fund 2023 tax return information can be transferred via Fund transfers.
10. Annual Tax Statement: New setting has been added allowing users to display non-assessable amounts.
11. Operating Statement: New Settings have been added to the Operating Statement for Companies
- A summary or detailed shareholders' section
- option to show Net Profit before Transfer to Reserve.
12. SmartDocs - Rental Statements: Improved to allow users to select investment accounts from the property selection drop-down.
13. SuperStream: Users can now automatically prepare the Trustee Change Notification Letter report pack
14. SuperStream: Improvement made to ensure consistency in font size for the Export menu.
15. Distribution Tax Automation: The confirmation screen for posting Distribution Accruals will now display the Total Amount.
16. Documents: Users can now delete folders that have been assigned incorrectly easily, which give more controls to users over their documents workspace.
17. Documents Quick Filters: You can now quickly search for non-report, digital sign files and emailed-in documents on the Documents screen using the new quick filters. This enhancement makes the document management system more intuitive and efficient, allowing you to easily find the files you need and saving you valuable time.
- Contract Notes: SelfWealth contract notes failing to process due to a format change.
- Fund Transfers: Fixed an issue related to Fund Transfers for funds with a Member Beneficiary.
- Reports: The wording on the Operating Statement for Unit Trusts has been changed to “Distribution to Unitholders”.
- Reports: Fixed an issue where the TFN in the interest and dividends schedule was not updating properly for companies.
- Reports: The name generated when the Notes to the Financial Statements was downloaded no longer uses an incorrect Financial Year.
- Reports: Fixed an issue in the Superstream Contribution Data report where the error message was displaying a different report name when no contribution data was available.
- SuperStream: The Member Filter function on the Superstream Fund Dashboard now works in the Archived / Failed tab.
- Badges: When the Badge setting “date documents” is set to No, slashes will no longer be printed on Reports.
- User Roles: The “Lodge” button will be hidden when a user does not have access to the Lodgement screen.