Migration from Simple Fund Desktop
The Chart of Accounts in Simple Fund Desktop does not split properties between residential and non-residential.
The Regulatory Return Label in the Chart of Accounts is used for this purpose and migrated as per the Table below:
|SF Desktop Regulatory Label
|SF360 Chart of Accounts
|77200 Real Estate Properties ( Australian - Residential)
|77250 Real Estate Properties (Australian - Non-Residential).
Changes can be made to the Regulatory Return label in the Chart of Accounts prior to Migration in one of two ways:
- Change the Regulatory Return Label in Simple Fund Desktop;
- Allow the migration utility to complete a Regulatory Return Label switch when the fund is migrated (to use this feature Simple Fund Desktop must be updated to version 2017.1 or greater. Click here for instructions on using the utility to complete a label change.
Change the Regulatory Return label in Simple Fund Desktop
If you notice that the Chart needs adjusting and the fund has only just been migrated you can:
- Delete Fund from SF360
- Make change to Chart of Accounts in Simple Fund Desktop
- Re-Migrate Fund
Changing Chart of Accounts in Simple Fund 360
Complete the steps below post migration to convert any Residential to Non-Residential or vice versa.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Accounting.
|Select Transaction Recode.
- Select Transaction Recode.
Investment must be selected.
- Select the investment account to reclassify. All linked accounts will appear. Linked accounts will be moved to their corresponding linked account during reclassification.
- Select the new control account range to reclassify the account to.
- Select Confirm.
- A summary will appear including the user which actioned the change.