How to enter Interest received in Simple Fund 360
Interest received is recorded through the Transaction List. Selecting account 25000/BANKCODE or 25000/INVESTCODE will prompt Simple Fund 360 to present you with the Distribution/Interest Details section. This allows you to easily record additional interest information, all on the one screen.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Accounting.
|Select Transaction list
- From the Transaction List screen, select New Transaction. From the drop down list, select Bank Statement.
- Input the Date of the transaction and a Reference number (Simple Fund 360 will automatically produce a reference number, but it is editable). You can include a description of the transaction in the Description box.
Under the Account heading, select the bank account from the Select an account box. Click on the next Select an account box. Begin typing and select
account 25000/BANKCODE or 25000/INVESTCODE (depending on whether the interest is received from a bank account or investment account such as a Term Deposit).
ATO interest is recorded to account 25100.
- Input the interest amount received. Simple Fund 360 will post a corresponding entry to the bank account fields on the screen (if you post a Debit amount to the other account, Simple Fund 360 will post a Credit to the bank for the same amount, and vice versa).
- Select More + and the Distribution/Interest Details section will appear below. Enter any additional interest information in this section.
- After you have entered all information for the transaction, select Post to add the transaction and to return to the Transaction List screen, or select Post & Add Another to add the transaction to the Transaction List, but remain on the Bank Statement screen.