Below is a list of the most common troubleshooting questions Simple Fund 360 users are asked when contacting BGL Support in regard to the Contract Notes Service. Review these queries and solutions prior to Logging a Support Call.
Common Support Solutions
Unable to set up a new contract notes feed?
Why haven’t I received any contract notes after completing setup?
- Check the the Contract Notes Log. Have contract notes failed to process?
- Has the broker been supplied with the correct email address?
- Only trades for investments listed on the ASX can be processed at this time. International trades cannot be processed.
- Selfwealth is currently the only broker that currently supports international trades.
- The Contract Notes feed only provides contract notes for trades which have occurred after setup. Historical contract notes will need to be manually sent to the email address or requested from the broker.
I want to import some contract notes manually. How can I do this?
- PDF contract notes can be emailed to the fund’s unique email address.
- Please note that each contract note must be uploaded to the email as a separate PDF and must be an original copy of the contract note, not a scanned copy. Multiple PDF files can be sent in a single email.
My contract notes have ‘Failed’. Why are they not processing?
- Is the contract note being supplied by a supported broker?
- If the broker is supported, has this broker been selected in the contract notes setup?
- Once the correct broker has been selected, please navigate to the Email Log, click on the ‘Failed’ status, and re-send the contract note for processing,
- Has the format of the contract note changed?
- For any contract notes that have changed format or are supplied by an unsupported broker, please log a Support Ticket with our Data Services Team and provide them with a copy of a contract note for one BUY and for one SELL.
The broker will only allow me to have one email address set up. What if my client wants to continue receiving copies of the contract notes themselves?
Within the Contract Notes feed setup page, there is a ‘Forward All Emails To’ field. Please enter any additional email addresses here and the relevant parties will also receive a copy of the contract notes going forward.
ANZ Share Investing (E*Trade) requires a password?
You can find this password on the contract note in the "Trade Placed By" field.
Do I need to map the holding accounts for the contract notes feed?
It is up to the user whether it is necessary to map investment accounts to the contract notes feed. This feature will be useful if the user would like to segregate investment movements recorded by different brokers.
Can the disposal method be edited?
By default, the service will use the Most Tax Effective disposal method. This cannot be changed. Individual transaction disposal methods can be edited for each transaction loaded in the Transaction List. Refer to Contract Note Matching - most tax effective disposal for steps on viewing contract note transactions.
Is GST calculated automatically?
GST is calculated on brokerage automatically for GST registered funds. Refer to GST for more information.