The BGL Contract Note Service will automatically upload buy and sell transactions (including PDFs of contract/confirmation notes) to SF360 from all major Australian Brokers. A comprehensive list of all supported brokers is available here.
The Contract Note Service requires a subscription to the BGL Share Data Add-On Pack.
If you have not already subscribed to The Share Data Pack, please contact BGL Sales on 1300 654 401 for more information.
Setting up a feed.
When editing the setup of a feed, please ensure to save any changes by clicking ‘Save’ prior to exiting
|From the Main Toolbar, navigate to Connect.|
|Select Feed Management||
Navigate to Share Data Global.
Within the Feed’s Setup page, you will see the following information and options.
- Contract Notes Email Address - This is the unique email address assigned to the entity and will be generated upon the setup of the Contract Notes feed. The Broker(s) will use this unique email address to send contract notes to the entity in Simple Fund 360.
- Select Broker(s) - Select the brokers(s) that the client trades with.
- Forward all emails to - If you would like anyone associated with the entity (for example, the trustee) to also receive copies of the contract notes, you would enter their email address in this field.
- E-Trade/ANZ Share Investing Password - If the broker ANZ/E-Trade has been selected, then the user will be required to enter a password for the feed to operate. The password is always the account number.
- Account Mapping - This function allows users to link contract notes from selected brokers to specific investment accounts. Using this function will ensure that the transactions generated by the contract notes from each broker are imported into the desired investment accounts.
To complete the setup process, a set of broker instructions will need to be generated from the Contract Notes feed setup screen by clicking the ‘Instructions’ button. More information is provided in the next tab.
To generate broker instructions for a single entity, please follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Feed Management screen by clicking on ‘Connect’ from the main toolbar.
2. Upon entering the Feed Management screen, the Entity Summary will be selected by default.
3. Click on the ‘Edit Feed' icon to the right of the Contract Notes Feed.
4. Within the Contract Notes Feed Setup page, click on the ‘Instructions’ button to generate the Broker Instructions.
To generate broker instructions for multiple entities at once, please follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Share Data Global tab within the Feed Management screen.
2. Select all of the entities that you would like to generate Broker Instructions for.
3. At the top of the Feed Management screen, click the ‘+ Broker Instructions’ button.
4. If multiple Contract Note feeds are selected, clicking Broker Instructions will generate a single .zip file containing the PDF files for each entity selected. Each PDF file will be differentiated by a prefix stating which entity the file belongs to.
Users of the Contract Notes Service will have access to an Contract Notes Log where they can check contract notes that have been received into each entity utilising the service.
To access this contract notes email log, please follow the below steps.
Navigate to the Feed Management screen by clicking on ‘Connect’ from the main toolbar.
To the top-left of the Feed Management screen, open the drop-down menu for ‘Advanced Options & Reports’.
Select ‘BGL Contract Notes’.
Select ‘Email Log’.
Here you can filter for specific entities and review all emails and contract notes that have been received.
If there are contract notes which have failed to process, please refer to our Contract Notes Service Troubleshooting Guide for further guidance.
Example: click this image to view it in a larger window (opens image in a new tab).
Setting up a feed.
When sending the contract notes manually through to the entity’s unique email address, please ensure that each contract note is uploaded as a separate PDF document and that the contract notes are original PDF copies, not scanned copies. Multiple PDF files can be sent in a single email.
Brokers will not automatically send through contract notes for trades that had occurred prior to the set up of the contract notes feed.
To manually import contract notes for historical trades, please see the below two options.
Kindly ask the broker if they are able to send the historical contract notes to the entity’s unique email address; OR
If you have access to copies of the historical contract notes, these can be sent manually via email to the entity’s unique email address with the copies of contract notes uploaded as individual PDF files.
Alternatively, historical trades can also be imported by uploading a Broker CSV file to the software. However, please note that the Broker CSV file will only provide the transaction data and not a copy of the associated PDF contract note.
Some Brokers may allow clients to access prior trade confirmations from their website. Please refer to the below examples.
ANZ Share Investing
International trade data is currently only supported through the broker SelfWealth.
For any international trades sent by Selfwealth, the system will automatically recognise and upload all buy and sell share data to the 77700 -Shares in Listed Companies (Overseas) account overnight, attaching the respective contract note PDF to the share transaction.
BGL is looking to expand the number of supported brokers for international trade data through the Contract Notes Service in the future.
Historical contract notes can be sent manually by the user. Refer to Historical Contract Notes tab for instructions on how to do this. Multiple contract notes can be sent in the one email, as long as they are the original PDF and each contract note is added in a separate PDF (no combined or zipped files will upload).
If the user is unable to retrieve the contract notes for historical trades, historical trades can also be imported in bulk by uploading a Broker CSV file.
Users can check whether BGL is receiving emails from the Broker by reviewing the Contract Notes Log.
When no emails have been received from the Broker, the status of the feed will read ‘Awaiting Activation’.
When general email correspondence has been received from the Broker, but not contract notes, then the status of the feed will update to ‘Awaiting First Trade’. Note: BGL is not able to view the written contents of emails, only the PDF contract notes that are attached to the emails.
When an email is received from the Broker containing PDF contract notes, and this has been successfully processed by the system, the feed status will update to 'Feed Operating