When Creating entries I have received the following message:
"Account: 77200/INVESTCODE doesn't link to any security"
"Account: 76000/INVESTCODE doesn't link to any security"
Unitised investments will need to have a security attached for Simple Fund 360 to revalue the investment to the correct market value. Follow the steps below to attach a security.
- Head to the Chart of Accounts.
From the Main Toolbar, go to Accounting. Select Chart of accounts from the list.
- Locate account 77200/INVESTCODE in the chart of accounts by tying the investment name into the search field and selecting the search icon.
- Click on the investment and the Edit Investment Account screen will appear.
Attach a security to this investment.
For any unlisted investments, please create a security for the investment. Check out the help for more information on How to Create a Security.
If the Securities drop down menu is not displaying, Select More Details>> and from the System More Details Label switch the account to a Unitised Investment.
- Click Save to update the investment with the correct security.
- Reverse and re-create entries for the change to apply. Refer to The Create Entries Process.
- The alert message will no longer appear in the Period Compliance screen.