|From the Main Toolbar, go to Reports.||
|Select Reports from the list.||
|Select Custom Reports from the left column.|
Create and Customise Letters and Reports in Simple Fund 360
Simple Fund 360 allows you to easily add your own letters and minutes. You can use a set of downloadable mail merge fields which can be quickly extracted and added to your own letters and reports. These letters and reports can then be uploaded to Simple Fund 360 to be included in your Report Packs.
You need to copy the mail merge field from the word document template (available in Simple Fund 360, see Download the Custom Letter Template below) for the document to be generated properly.
Download the Custom Letter Template
To download the document template containing the mail merge fields, follow these steps:
- Select Custom Reports, and then select Add Custom Report.
- The Add Custom Report screen will display. Select Download Custom Report Template.
- Simple Fund 360 will download the Custom Letter Template. Open up the Microsoft Word document and view the list of mail merge fields.
Above is an extract of the Custom Letter Template. In the Field column, simply copy and paste the mail merge field into your own customised letter or report. In the Description column, an explanation of the text is included.
When pasting merge fields onto a Word document, right click and select "Merge Formatting" under "Paste Options" to ensure compatibility.
For the mail merge field to work, you must use the supplied mail merge fields in Simple Fund 360. You cannot create your own mail merge fields.
Upload your Custom Letter/Report
Once you have finished a Custom Letter, you can upload it into Simple Fund 360.
Select Custom Reports and then select Add Custom Report.
The Add Custom Report screen will display. Select Browse and select your Custom Letter from its stored location.
Once the report has been uploaded, edit the Report Name as desired.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to upload multiple custom reports. Once finished, click Confirm.
If you wish to update or edit a previously created Custom Letter/Report:
- Find the Custom Letter/Report in the Reports screen:
- Add the Custom Letter to the report production screen by clicking Add To Pack:
- Ensure that a badge is selected to save these template details. Do not select the Default badge as you will be unable to select the template button because default templates cannot be updated:
- Next to the Custom Letter/Report in the report production screen, select the Template icon:
- Select Download Doc to download the existing template:
The Microsoft Word template file associated with the custom report can be updated by the following three steps:
- Download the Microsoft Word template file
- Update the template file using a document processor such as Microsoft Word
- Upload the updated template file to the Custom Letter/Report template screen
Update badges able to use Custom Letter/Report
By default, when creating a Custom Letter/Report, all badges in Simple Fund 360 will be able to use that Custom Letter/Report.
To change which badges are able to use a Custom Letter/Report, tick the checkboxes next to each badge you wish to have access to that Custom Letter/Report: