- From the Transaction List (Accounting >> Transaction List) screen, select New Transaction. From the drop-down list, select Bank Statement.
- Input the deposit date and a reference number (Simple Fund 360 will automatically produce a reference number, but it is editable). You can include a description of the purchase in the Description box.
- Under the Account heading, select the bank account from the Select an account box. If it is a new term deposit that has not been added before, click Add New Account and select Bank from the drop-down menu. Select Term Deposits as Bank Type from the drop-down menu and fill in Bank Account Number. Bank Code and Name which can be manually entered. Click Save once completed.
- Input the acquisition price of the term deposit in the Debit column.
- Select Post. Term deposits can also be matched with the cash amount from the Smart Matching screen.
*Note: Under step 3, if you are recording the deposit of a unitised investment (72450) you will need to record a unit in the Unit column prior to inputting the deposit amount. The More Details Panel will appear below. Leave the Contract Date as the deposit date and proceed to step 4.