In the article below, you will be able to learn how to edit or delete a locked Corporate Action.
If a Corporate Action is locked this is due to Simple Fund 360 detecting future CGT events affecting this Investment after the date of the Corporate Action.
To unlock, please remove or reallocate Demergers, Disposals, Tax Deferred Distributions and/or other relevant CGT events after this transaction date posted to the same investment account.
These include transactions such as:
- Cost base adjustments after the Corporate Action.
- Disposals after the Corporate Action.
- Demergers after the Corporate Action.
- Deferred Tax entry to the income accounts after the Corporate Action.
- Tax-Free entry to the income accounts after the Corporate Action.
- AMIT cost adjustments to the income accounts after the Corporate Action.
Check the CGT Register to locate the future CGT transactions in the general ledger that relate to the investment parcel of the locked transaction.
Below, an ANZ (demerger) Corporate Action on 02/06/2021 has been locked.
Removing future disposals
1. Using the CGT Register search for the investment account to locate the locked Corporate Action and any disposals after the Corporate Action date.
2. Navigate to the Transaction List and use the Transaction Filter to search for the Disposal transaction. Make sure to search in the correct period.
3. Delete the disposal transaction.
Please note the removal of the disposal transaction can not be reversed. Users may have to re-enter the disposal under this method. Also see how to delete a transaction.
Editing the Disposal Transaction to remove the units will also unlock the locked transaction. This method saves users the trouble of re-entering the whole transaction.