Through the use of BGL SmartDocs, any Bank Statement already uploaded to your entity can be converted into transactions in only a few steps!
These transactions will then be imported using the SmartDocs AI, providing a prediction for which account these transactions should be posted to based on your Bank Statement descriptions.
For information about the process of uploading new bank statements and immediately creating transactions, please see BGL SmartDocs - Importing Bank Statements.
Prior to following these instructions, ensure that a Bank Account has been added to the entity.
For instructions on adding this account, see this article on Bank Accounts.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Reports.
- Locate the Bank Statement in the Documents screen. Then, select the document:
Note: Categorising and Sorting via BGL SmartDocs
When opening any document that has been analysed by BGL SmartDocs, the options to add a Financial Year and Tags are available. Additionally, clicking Add Folders will also allow you to categorise this document by selecting an appropriate document type or account.
Any details saved with these options will be conveniently carried over to the Workpapers screen.
- SmartDocs will analyse the document and attempt to apply the appropriate model.
If required, you can manually select Change Model > Bank Statement:
- Once the model has loaded select the desired Bank Account, then complete the bank and date fields desired for the transactions:
- Underneath this section, review the transactions as necessary. The option to filter, change the appearance, and export the transactions are available:
- After reviewing, scroll back to the top and click Fast Bank Entry. This will generate the transactions and bring you to the Smart Matching screen:
On this screen, review the transactions themselves including the descriptions to ensure the details are correct. Once complete, click Create in the bottom right to create the transactions.
These transactions can now be processed via the Smart Matching screen:
- See Smart Matching - Getting Started for instructions on this process.