PAYG payment summary amendments can now be prepared and lodged in Simple Fund 360.
PAYG payment summary amendments can be lodged to rectify mistakes in the tax file number or incorrect tax withheld, member components, payment dates, payment amounts and/or payment types.
For more information, refer to ATO: PAYG withholding payment summaries.
Users can only amend a PAYG Payment Summary form in the following circumstances:
- Where payee has not been sent the payment summary; or
- Where ATO has not received the 'PAYG payment summary annual report'
Amended PAYG Payment Summaries can only be lodged for original payment summaries lodged in Simple Fund 360.
|From the Main Toolbar navigate to the Compliance menu.
|Select PAYG Payment Summary.
1. Navigate to the lodged PAYG payment summary.
2. Select the edit icon beside the lodged status to amend the form.
3. Select Yes to confirm the amendment, and enter any reason for amending the payment summary (optional). The reason will be kept for internal purposes and will not be sent to the ATO.
4. Select Submit. This will create an Amended PAYG Payment Summary for the selected member.
5. Users will be directed back to the PAYG Payment Summary Dashboard. The status for the form will appear as Amendment.
6. Proceed to review, validate and lodge the amendment. For more information on how to do so, refer to the below articles:
7. Once the amendment has been lodged, the status will appear as Lodged, with an A icon to indicate an amended form. Hover over the A icon to view the reason for the amendment.
PAYG amendments - Settings
After an amendment has been created, the Settings option will be visible. Note that if you cancel the amendment, then the Settings option will not display.
The setting will be accessible from the “Action” column:
The screen will help you setup:
- Death Benefit Payments
- Type of Death benefit payments
Frequently Asked Questions
If the amendment has been reviewed or validated and not lodged, select the trashcan icon beside the status. This will revert the changes back to the pre-amendment status of Lodged. Users can then choose to re-process the amendment if required.
Currently, only one amendment can be processed per form. Where an amended form has been lodged, the amendment can be corrected manually by lodging the paper form to the ATO or via ATO portal.
If the status is Amendment, any changes from the transaction side would not update in the PAYG screen (we do not auto-refresh or manually refresh the PAYG Screen).
Therefore, the users will have to use the Review add adjustment for income stream and review edit for Lump sum amendment changes (to align the values in PAYG dashboard & existing transactions) to update the PAYG screen.