For Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) how do I set-up YubiKey?
Produced by Yubico, a YubiKey is a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) device that delivers a unique password every time it's activated by an end-user. Using their USB connector, end-users simply press on the YubiKey hard token to emit a new, one-time password (OTP) to securely log into their accounts.
Note: This requires an Application to be installed on your computer and access to a USB Port.
Purchasing a YubiKey
A YubiKey can be purchased from https://www.yubico.com
The model you buy needs to support TOTP. If you are not wanting to use a mobile phone as an authentication device then it is recommended that you purchase either the YubiKey 5 NFC (USB-A) or YubiKey 5C (USB-C).
- Install Yubico Authenticator
Setting up your YubiKey with BGL
- Sign Into Simple Fund 360 or CAS360
- Go To User Profile
- Click SET UP under Authentication App.
- Open Yubico Authenticator for Desktop.
- Select File > Scan QR Code.
- Accept the default settings, and click OK.
- In Simple Fund 360, input the verification code generated in the authentication app (ensure there are no spaces) and select Next.
8. Input your mobile phone number. Note: If you have not set up the SMS Text option for MFA, your mobile number will only be used for account recovery purposes to identify yourself. We do not send Text Messages to your phone for this purpose.
9. Select Finish to complete the MFA set up.