BGL do not provide accounting or taxation advice. The following is designed to act as a guide for Simple Fund 360 users. It is not designed to be accounting or tax advice and should not be taken as a strict guideline. Other methods that are more suitable may be used instead of these steps.
A bonus issue is an offer of shares/units at no additional cost to the security holder in proportion to the number of shares/units currently held, for example, one bonus share for every five shares held.
Process a Bonus Issue
This Bonus Issue is an example only.
- From the Corporate Actions screen, view the Type column. Confirm Bonus Issue appears under the column before proceeding.
- Select Process under the Action column.
- The Security will be automatically selected.
Bonus Issue will display as the Corporate Actions Type.
- Select the chart account for the corporate action (for example, 77600/BHP.AX).
The Ex / Balance Date (the Corporate Action Ex Date) and the Corporate Action Date (Transaction Date) will be selected. Simple Fund 360 will create a bonus issue transaction in the Transaction List based on the corporate action date that was entered; and parcels dated prior to the Ex / Balance date will be affected by the action.
- The Bonus Issue Units will be automatically calculated.
- The Corporate Action Summary will appear below. Select Process Corporate Action to post the bonus issue.
How to delete a Bonus Issue
If you are required to change a corporate action, you can delete and re-process the action from the Corporate Action screen.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Investments.|
|Select Corporate actions from the list.|
Alternatively, you can access the Corporate Actions screen from the Transaction List:
Locate the corporate action to delete. Select the check box located next to the transaction and Delete.